logo top

The referee leaves Thanh Hoa Stadium under the escort of mobile police

09 Jul 2022 | 16:29 | News

Highlights Thanh Hoa – Nam Dinh: Controversial penalty In the 6th round of the V.League 2022 on the afternoon of July 9, referee Tran Van Lap caused a controversy when he awarded a penalty to the visiting team in Nam Dinh in the 1-1 draw with Thanh Hoa.

After the 1-1 draw between Thanh Hoa and Nam Dinh, the referee team did not enter the expert room as usual, but lingered in the center of the field. Referee Tran Van Lap and his colleagues were heavily guarded by security forces. The organizer and the police representatives also communicated quickly and came up with the necessary plans to ensure the safety of the arbitration group.

The referee team was dispatched by mobile police and escorted to the hotel, and was advised to dine in the hotel grounds to avoid unexpected problems.

Referee Chen Wenli is under police protection at Thanh Hoa Stadium. Photo: Ming Jian.

Even at night, Mr. Lap and his colleagues left Thanh Hoa to return to the local area, while the rest of the organizing committee relocated on July 10. The entire safety plan was approved by race supervisor Tran Ngoc Thai Tuan.

The home side Thanh Hoa’s decision to award a penalty in the 47th minute sparked a backlash against Mr Lap and his assistants. The game was interrupted for about 3 minutes by fierce reactions from the players and the coaching staff of the home team. Earlier, Mr Lap determined that Victor Kamhuka had fouled outside the box and changed his mind after consulting with his assistants.

In the first half, the “king of the field” also made the home team unhappy with his decision. Just after halftime, coach Lujabo Petrovic and general manager Cao Huangde rushed in. The pitch “speaks the wrong word” with the referee team.

This is not the first time the referee team on duty at Thanh Hoa Stadium has had to be escorted to ensure safety when leaving the field. At the end of the 9th round of the V.League 2021, the visiting team from the Ho Chi Minh City club reacted violently, leading to the intervention of the local mobile police to resume.

At the end of the game, the organizers, security forces and the referee team met on the field. Photo: Ming Jian.

Also, referee Nguyen Trung Kien (B) could only leave Thanh Hoa Stadium after the hosts drew 1-1 with Saigon FC in the 7th round of the 2018 V.League as the mobile police led the way. Until then, there are also referees who must ask the police to keep them safe.

In V.League 2022, the referee’s mistakes still attract the attention of public opinion. In the 5th round, assistant coach Wu Guoquan made a wrong decision under the attacking situation of the home team Viettel when he took over the Hajing Club. In the 75th minute, Giovane completed the offside position before receiving the ball.

Assistant Quoc Toan was not flagged for offside when Geovane sent the ball out of bounds. Nor did he see how the foreign soldier scored. Referee Nguyen Manh Hai let the game go on as if nothing had happened.

Minh Chien – Do Hai